Today was a lazy day! Sometimes these are my favorite days. Cleaning up a little and watching old movies...just nothing scheduled, except church of course. Addie girl had been out of sorts since she woke up this morning, just one of those grumpy days, you know? (In fact, as I am writing this I hear Addie making all kinds of noise in her bedroom, so I go and check on her and...in the dark she has emptied her ENTIRE shoe closet and is trying each and everyone on. What is with this kid!!?) So, after about an hour of incessant whining I sent her back to bed for a morning nap. She woke up happy, but was just in a mischievous mood. In about 2 hours she took a package of crackers in her playroom and hid them in any place she could find (I found about half so now I have to go excavate before bed), changed clothing 18 times while emptying her dresser onto the floor (while in time-out for taking my wedding rings which were later found on the floor in the hallway), and "brushed" her hair with her yogurt spoon which she had already started eating with (YUCK!).
However, in all the chaos of today with a Tornado of a 2 year old..there was Rae who is strong, smart, and caring. Hugging me at the right moment and helping Addie up in her chair for lunch. It makes me remember that this too shall pass and if I stay on task and keep my eye on the proverbial ball then Addie too will one day hold a door open for an older women and not yell, "Heyo Gammaw!" as she does now. I am thankful for my trials and tribulations because they provide teachable moments for me as well as my girls...even Laughable Moments. Because...seriously, how can you not laugh when your little girl comes out from nap with her big sister's dress on backwards...when you sent her to bed in jammies. Oh well..tomorrow is a new adventure and you know what? Bring it on!
I love your writing, you paint a very vivid picture. It might help that I have an Addie the same age as yours and they sound a lot alike. It seems like your family has a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete