12:15am
Finally I lay down in my oh so comfy bed
1:36am
Hear Addie Grace stumbling around in the dark looking for me. She is sick and I realize I will have a guest this evening. How can Craig just keep sleeping even though she just crawled across his face?
6:30am
I feel a sweet kiss and hear my hardworking husband say, "Love you. Have a good day"
6:30:30am
Falling back to sleep
7:26am
I wake up to a two year old that is hogging my pillow and snoring in my face. I check the clock and think WHY DID MY ALARM NOT GO OFF!
7:27am
Rae is holding my cell phone (aka my alarm clock), "Mom, when you hold your phone it vibrates!" Alarm question is answered.
7:30am
Breakfast is served, clothes have been picked out for school, and Addie is calling for me from MY bed for morning snuggles and "Choca Mulk"
7:52am
Teeth brushed...well at least Rae, and hair is fixed....still only Rae. An FSU hat will suffice. Addie chooses a pink Tutu, a backwards short sleeved shirt, and mismatched play heels. It is 23 degrees outside. I wrap her blanket around her and make a run for the car...which I then realize that I forgot to warm up this morning because my alarm was tampered with!
8:07am
In the car backing up...yes, it takes me THAT long to get situated...plus I had to scrape ice off of my windshield. Rae sings the freezing cheeks song...set to Jingle Bells is goes a little somethin' like this...Freezing Cheeks Freezing Cheeks, My hiney is so cold, so on and so forth. Car is making a squeaking sound...remember to tell Craig.
8:20am
Home and assessing this morning's damage...time to clean up.
8:45am
Phone call from Kinglsey...."Heyo Shesha!" I can't believe that my niece will be 2 this summer. Think about her and miss her so much. Talk to my sister. Think about her and miss her so much.
9:32am
A shower! Addie is watching cartoon and has eaten. A moment of peace!
9:45am
Think about writing down my day's activities to finally understand and see just where the time actually goes.
9:46am
Get out of the shower, look in the mirror and realize by the mascara streams running down my face...I forgot to wash my face. SIGH! How do you forget that?
9:46:30
Washing my face. Decide to not put on makeup today...I am still young, I can pull it off.
9:46:37
Find 2 gray hairs
9:46:42
Putting on my makeup...
9:47am
Addie is too quiet...I ask her to come in and then I realize why. She has been sneaking M&M's. I didn't know I had M&M's. Oh....she is digging them out of the healthy trail mix I bought. She is so resourceful. Dress her and look at my list of errands to run and wonder when the day will come that I actually accomplish everything in a day.
10:35am
Finally on our way and realize I have to pick up Rae in 30 min. Where did my morning go? Hurry Hurry Hurry to the bank and the post office...get to the Post office and realize that I don't have the address I need. Aargh! On my way to get Rae and I power slide into the Starbucks drive-thru. Praise the LORD for caffeine and gift cards!
11:10am
Get to school to get Rae. Leave Addie Grace in the car for 3 min alone while I talk to the teacher. Rae's teacher informs me that she rhymed the word slut with the word nut out loud today (she DOES NOT know what that word means...trust me!) and that she drew a picture of our family at the beach. The teacher showed me the picture and myself, Rae, and Addie are all in bikinis with huge boobs. Hmmmm...note to self, have a conversation with Rae about body image.
11:13am
Return to the car to find Addie has escaped from her car seat, emptied out my purse, and then dumped my full steaming cup of yummy Starbucks coffee in my front seat. I have no words. Can't decide if I am more upset about the mess in my car or that I only got one sip of that liquid gold! Notice car is squeaking again....must remember to tell Craig.
11:13:30am
Wishing it was August already so Addie can start preschool!!!
11:15am
Decide to have our Mommy and daughters bi weekly lunch date today at Panera Bread.
11:30am
Order, get drinks, pick a table
11:31am
Thingy vibrates, go and get our food, get a giant stack of napkins, organize their food, sit down and stab a piece of lettuce with my fork
11:32am
"Mommy, I gotta go pee pee." Put the uneaten lettuce back down on my plate.
11:35am
Get back to the table, stab a piece of lettuce with my fork...."MOMMY!! I HAVE A BOO AND NEED A BAND AID! IT HUWRTS MOM!!!" I ask for a stinkin' band aid for Addie's invisible boo boo. Sit back down and notice that Addie is eating my salad.
11:40am
I shove some food in my mouth quickly knowing that it will be a matter of minutes before I have to get up again. I open Addie's yogurt and she precedes to squirt it all down the front of her shirt and NONE winds up in her mouth. I get up for extra napkins.
11:44am
Addie removes her band aid announcing that her boo boo had indeed healed itself. She is finished her lunch and stands up next to my chair and loudly toots. People stop eating and look at us. I apologize profusely!
11:44:30am
Lunch is finished! We are leaving...and I am hungry. Why don't I ever lose weight?
11:54am
Post office bound again.
12:06pm
Look at my list of errands while listening to Addie and Rae arguing over a piece of paper. I declare it is nap time and I throw my list on the floor. What is the use?
12:20pm
Usher my children to their rooms. Kiss them and tell them I love them and thank you for having lunch with me today.
12:22pm
Hear Rae reading her sister a story.
12:27pm
Addie has escaped and wants to visit with me. I tell her no and she pouts as she stomps to her room.
12:28pm
"Mommy, where is my pink Mankie!?" Addie can't sleep without Mankie!
12:28:30
Find Mankie and threaten her life (not really) if she escapes again. They are looking through books...quietly.
1:15PM
All is quiet....nap time has commenced and I praise God that they still take them. I peek in at them and smile. Feeling exhausted I look around and see all the chores I need to get done. I climb into my warm bed and think just 15 minutes.
1:32pm
"Mom, my belly hurts. I need a drink and to go poop, I think. If that doesn't work it must be because I need to snuggle with you."
I laugh, "OK, Rae"
1:35pm
"I just had to go potty, Mom. Night" Back to bed she goes.
2:15pm
I check on Addie and find her not in her bed, but sound asleep on the Living room floor. ummm, huh? I pick her up and bring her into my bed.
2:30pm
I must have fallen asleep only to wake up to Addie hogging my pillow and snoring in my face. I totally just had de ja vu. I read my old blogs and wonder if I really have it in me to write the book I have wanted to write for 2 years now. Still not sure.
3:30pm
Nap time is over and everyone seems content for a moment. We have a snack and Rae gets ready for tumbling.
3:45pm
Dishwasher emptied, dryer emptied, house cleaned...ahhhh. Finally a little order!
4:30pm
Get the troops in the car for Tumbling
4:40pm
FINALLY pulling out and on our way.
4:55pm
Realize I have gone the completely wrong way and that I once again forgot tuition. Sigh!
4:55:30
Turn the car around...now we are going the right way. Rae freaks about being late. I assure her we won't be late.
5:02pm
We are late.
5:15pm
"Addie, please sit in your chair." She sits.
5:15:15
"Addie, PLEASE sit down in your chair" She sits.
5:15:30
"SIT DOWN, Addie!"
5:16pm
Addie falls off of the chair and everyone stops and looks at me. "Crap!" I say it to myself so that she won't hear me.
5:32pm
Addie silently toots at tumbling. Luckily they had recently repainted and no one seemed to smell it except for me. Thankful for Sherwin Williams!
6:01pm
Back in the car on our way home...go the right way the first time!
6:02pm
Turn around because I forgot to get gas and I NEED it! Remind myself to tell Craig about the squeaky car noise.
6:30pm
Movie time for the girls and I start dinner...Craig is working late...BIG sigh!
7:00pm
Dinner is served. Addie boycotts the chicken and is informed that she is eating what is given or she gets nothing. She changes her mind and says, "Mmmm, I yuv chicken, Momma!" Rae tells me about her day and informs me that I am a "super hero mommy". Best news I have heard all day!
7:37pm
Clear the table and bust out the bills that need to be paid. Balance my checkbook and think about how truly blessed my family has been and how hard working my husband is. Oh! I have to tell Craig about the squeaky car thing. I need to tell him I love him too when he gets home.
8:00pm
Teeth brushed,jammies on, bedtime!
8:15pm
Craig comes home, the girls go wild.
8:28pm
Trying to coax them back to bed with a promise to read 2 chapters of Junie B. Jones. They ask if Daddy can read it. I am secretly thankful!
8:30pm
Craig takes the girls to bed. Oh, I have to remember to tell him about the squeaky sound that my car is making. I'll tell him when he comes out. Craig puts a pull up on Addie and accidentally drops a plastic dress up shoe on her face. No damage done.
8:32pm
"Mommy, I needa dink"
"No you don't, Addie"
8:33pm
"Mommy, I needa 'nuder hug." I hug her and tell her to go to bed.
8:34pm
"Mommy, where is Mankie?" Addie can't sleep without Mankie. Find Mankie and threaten her life (not really) if she escapes again.
9:00pm
Craig takes a shower and then we watch the Olympics on TV. I wonder why I am not such a big fan of the Olympics.
9:30pm
Craig falls asleep on the couch. I wake him up and tell him to go on to bed. Kiss goodnight and I tell him that I love him. He smiles a sleepy smile.
9:35pm
I sit down to blog
9:45pm
I realize that this will be a very long blog.
9:45:30pm
Crap! I forgot to tell Craig about the squeaky sound my car makes. I yawn and think... I am so thankful that everyday is a new day!
No comments:
Post a Comment