You are currently sitting next to me while I type, reading Red Fish Blue Fish to me...eloquently and well spoken as usual. We are watching the news and talking about current events...more specifically the oil spill. You are very concerned about the ocean-life. You have a good heart, little girl.
Yesterday was your last day of Kindergarten. I dropped you off in front of school like any other day. We hug and kissed bye and I watched you walk in the front door. As I drove away I couldn't help but feel melancholy about your very last day of Kindergarten. There you were...all grown up...well sort of.
Rae and her Kindergarten teacher
This year has been full of big changes for you. A new home, a new state, a new school, and new friends just to name a few. You have thrived and grown amidst all of these. You have done so well in school and have made wonderful friends. You lost your first tooth, started to read, and have grown so tall. I could not be more proud of you.
I hope this summer is fun and exciting for you. I hope that we get to spend time together and cherish our little quiet moments together. Rae, you are such a blessing. You help me remember the tiny little important things...like how good it feels to be hugged when you feel sad. Last night we were in your playroom talking and you started to cry. I asked you what was wrong and you said that you missed your teacher and your school already. I just said I know and sat down on the floor and hugged you tight. It felt good to hold my big girl...even though you don't quite fit on my lap like you did when you were a baby.
Although school just got out, I know that it will feel like a matter of minutes before I walk you into your First Grade classroom. My hope for this summer is that time slows down and I can keep you just like this for a little bit longer.
I love you sweet girl.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment