Monday, December 21, 2009

Just call me Puddles!

There are times in life that you know you followed all the right road signs and took the path that was truly meant for you. It is just a feeling you get, a Faith you have that you know in your heart of hearts that you are following the Will that was laid out for you. I had that feeling when we moved to MO. I knew it was what we were meant to do at this moment and no matter how hard it was going to be, we would be better for it. That said, I do have my days when I think, "Did I really read those signs correctly? Have I been forgotten about and what I thought was going to be was completely misunderstood by me?" Then I have a few days that leave me emotionally raw and remembering, and I am so very grateful for that.

Saturday evening was spent at some new friends' house where our kids made new playmates, we made even more new friends...and most of all we were welcomed with open arms. Good food, great people, and a warm feeling of contentment. Our friends probably have no idea how they made us feel that evening by just inviting us in. We left there feeling full in more ways than one. Reminder One!

Sunday afternoon Rae and I made our way to a new church. Getting dressed I felt excited and renewed. I haven't felt that way in a long time heading to church...actually can't believe I am saying that...but nonetheless it is true. I was ready and Rae was ready! I had my directions in hand and I was excited. We saw some of our new friends there and one of the little girls that Rae had met walked with her hand in hand into Children's Church (oh tiny blessings!) The service was good and the Pastor speaking spoke with purpose, reminding us that no one is forgotten and to have hope. Hope for whatever it is that plagues you. Reminder Two!

A few weeks ago, I was dropping Rae off at school and it was really cold, windy, and snowing that day. I watched her look both ways and walk up the tiny hill and wait for the teacher to walk her across the parent drop off to the front door. For a second I felt sad for Rae. It was cold and there she was walking up alone. I am a sucker for my girls! I was just about to jump out of the car when I saw it. The teacher walked up to her and pulled her hood tight around her tiny face and gave her a big hug. When she was finished, she kept her arm around Rae and rubbed her back to keep her warm. My heart swelled. It was so nice to see that woman loving on my sweet Rae. Rae's school has been amazing. I love her teacher, the principal, the faculty and they have just embraced us. The PTO has been a great way for me to get involved and meet new people and Rae is thriving. I have been thinking of what I could get the front office and her teacher to let them know how much I appreciate them just being nice to us. Simple as that. I racked my brain and decided that I was just going to talk to the Principal and tell her. Well...I am a total dork and as I am telling her how grateful I am and how much we really like this school...I start to CRY! I was so embarrassed but it just came out. Now...you that know me well know that I DO NOT cry. I kept saying, "I am so sorry I am being such a dork about this!" She was so sweet and got up and hugged me. I still feel like a dork!!! But, nonetheless...Reminder Three.

I have been so emotionally raw the past few days that I cannot doubt that my feelings about this move are coming to fruition. Besides Addison's outfit of a flowered skirt (in 35 degree weather), a backwards pink Santa shirt, and Hello Kitty rain boots on the wrong feet, not to mention the blue headband she insists on wearing as a sweatband....there weren't any big Laughable Moments...but there was a moment of realization. Which, really, are just as great, aren't they??

No comments:

Post a Comment