My sweet little family is still sick! Today was a giant circle of Drs, Walmart, home, Walmart, and home. At the drs, Addie Grace went haywire and started asking me 50 million questions about what was in my purse and then she turns around to the Dr and sang, "Check it Ou-t!" while she shook her head back and forth. The dr looked at me and with a smile said, "Good Luck!" She said it in jest and it was funny. We left the drs and went to Walmart for an oil change and waited for Rae's prescription to be filled. We were just walking around when we passed 2 or 3 older women and Addie starts YELLING, " Look Rae Rae, deyer (there) awr Gamaws! Heyo Gamaw! Look deyer awr Gamaws right deyer!!!" Over and over and over again. She was pointing and jumping in the cart like she saw an endangered specie. I bent down and grabbed her finger and said softly, "Addie, Rae Rae sees them, but we have to be quiet. Please don't yell."
"But, Momma...dook dey awr right dayer (They are right there). I said, "ok, buddy, but lets be quiet ok?" Finally she chilled out and sat down. Rae looked up at me with her huge brown eyes and said, "Momma, cover my eyes. I am so embarrassed!" I laughed so loud and we walked through the dairy section with my hand over her eyes.
As we walked away, I couldn't help but notice how different my girls are. Rae is shy, quiet, and for the most part pretty reserved and then I have Addie Grace...you all have been acquainted with her antics. It amazes me how sisters can be on two different planets as far as personality goes. In each of my girls, though they have their quirks and I have fallen in love with each one of them. They balance each other out in such a way that I wonder if my sister and I do the same with one another. I am so excited to see what they will be like as adults. Each of us are given a set of talents and traits that make up who we are and the relationships we have with one another. Each of us has had a person or persons that have touched their lives and brought about a change for the better. For me a few are my mom, who has a way of looking at things in a unique way and helping to make sense of it. My sister, who is a wonderful mother and has become a wonderful friend to me. My husband, who I have such respect for because he is hard working and determined and loves his family greatly. Rae , who is wise beyond her years asking me questions that bring life into focus without her even knowing she is doing it. Addie girl, who is light hearted, fun loving and a joy to hang out with and can always make you laugh and cause you to take a nice, long, much needed, deep breath. Those are just a few of the people that impact who I am on a daily basis. Because of their differences...their quirks, they have forced me to become a better me. Mommas, take delight in the uniqueness of your tiny ones...it is what brings out the best in us as people and always provides for a good Laughable Moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment